Sunday, February 12, 2012

Smoothie Talker

Cold and flu season is attacking my throat. So I have been fighting back with VITAMINS and a touch of healthy paranoia after watching Contagion. On top of fresh kale, carrot, apple and ginger juice, and 3 squirts of Zicam every three hours, I have added this tasty treat, which is my take on the Green Monster Smoothie:


Grab your blender or Magic Bullet (two thumbs up on this single serving product!) and mash everything together.

  • One Banana
  • Two handfuls of Baby Spinach
  • 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt. Greek yogurt is super rich and full of 11g of protein. I like to use plain yogurt in this one because the fruit is naturally sweet (ps. like Dannon's Greek brand the best.)
  • 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries and strawberries
  • 1/4 cup of milk

Blend until smooth and enjoy.

Hopefully my self prescribed concoctions will do the job!

Ps. I don't recommend Contagion. Being star studded doesn't mean much.

No comments: